We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views]).
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including email address).
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website.We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of our websites.
3. Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. International data transfers
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries [(including [the United States], [Japan], [OTHER COUNTRIES])] which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
[In addition, [personal information that you submit for publication on the website] will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.]
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
6. Policy amendments
7. Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
8. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.